Python News Roundup – 5/10
Sorry for the delay, real life took it’s share of my time this week.
PyPy 2.0 alpha released for ARM.Actually it’s full-blown released.
- MySQL Connector/Python version 1.0.9 has been released.
- eGenix has released mxODBC Zope DA, useful to connect a Zope or Plone CMS to “just about any” database backend.
- Adria Richards released a statement concerning the aftermath of the events of PyCon this year. Overall it’s a very positive post.
Together, we can work to make the tech world a better place to work for everyone, and in doing so, we make the wider world a better place for all.
- Learn how to build social apps with Mezzanine.
- Over at /r/python a post about how to use Python to salvage partially downloaded zip files could be useful.
- Setup email with Django and SES.
- Create a lock-free concurrency pattern in Python.
- For those of you who use Sublime Text as your editor this post goes over how you can export and share your configuration, including your plugins, preferences and settings. Useful for getting started.
Tools and Notable Repos
- Arrow is a module for more usable date-time handling.
- Ivan Idris has posted a collection of links to 76 different tutorials. It doesn’t appear to be organized in any particular way, but still a solid resource if you’re looking for things to learn.
- EditorConfig is a Sublime Text plugin that helps you define and maintain consistent coding styles between IDEs and text editors.
- Vimpy is a plugin for Vim which automatically adds import lines to your Python code.
Articles and Discussions
- Ever wonder how different mathematical representations of integers might “sound”? Pedro Kroger’s post, How Does Pascal’s Triangle Sound? is a cool walk-through of a few different patterns.
- Here’s a pretty detailed write up of a project to use a digital-to-analog converter together with the Raspberry Pi to drive a VU meter.
- There’s been a solid discussion on /r/python about functional programming in Python.
Posted on May 10, 2013, in Python and tagged adria richards, arrow, connector/python, Django, functional programming, mezzanine, mxodbc, mysql, pygame, pypy, python, raspberry pi, ses, sublime text, tools, tutorials, vimpy. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.